Dear Students and Parents,
I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Taking the Governor’s guidance into account, we would now like to provide you with some information related to earning class credits. Although the points below will provide sufficient clarity for many, we realize that there will also be unique situations that will need to be addressed in a one-on-one format as well; please know that we will be here to guide and support you.
Semester 2 courses will be given pass, fail, or incomplete for grades.
To earn a passing credit, students must:
Step 1 Complete 1 weekly check-in per instructor
- Google Form or
- Phone/Email or
- Live Office Hours
Step 2 Demonstrate mastery in assigned essential learning by the instructor
- Mastery is determined by each instructor
- Demonstrate mastery on all of the essential learnings
- Students demonstrating mastery will receive credit that will count towards graduation, but will not factor into GPA*
*For a letter grade that will factor into your GPA, please email each of your teachers that this is your desire by April 24th.
A student who does not complete the activities and/or demonstrate mastery of essential learning standards will receive an “incomplete” grade and will be given future support and opportunities to earn credit.
We are WAIVING the following requirements this year:
- 15 Community Service hours
- Additional guidance may be given by your AP Teacher.
Early College/Dual Enrollment Courses
- All Early College Courses should be continued with the guidance of the college. Taylor Prep cannot grant any exceptions or extensions.
Information related to important events like Honors Night, Graduation and prom are yet to be determined. We are brainstorming ideas and will be soliciting ideas from you as well.