April 3, 2020
RE: Class of 2020 Graduation Requirements during COVID-19 School Closure
Dear Seniors and Parents,
I hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Taking the Governor’s guidance into account, we would now like to provide you with some information related to earning your diploma. Although the points below will provide sufficient clarity for many, we realize that there will also be unique situations that will need to be addressed in a one-on-one format as well; please know that we will be here to guide and support you. Please keep in mind that these options apply only to 2020 Seniors; guidance for students in other grades will come in a separate communication.
Options for earning credit for current Semester 2 courses:
- If your grade in Infinite Campus was at a C- or higher as of March 11, you will be awarded credit for the course and can be done. This option does not impact your GPA.
- For AP courses, please consult with your AP teacher for Exam review materials
- If you were below a C-, you will need to successfully complete the assignments your teacher deems essential for you to reach a C-. Once your teacher confirms successful completion, you will be awarded credit for the course and can be done. This option does not impact your GPA.
- If you believe that earning a letter grade is essential for any reason, please reach out to your classroom teacher or Mrs. Sharp to discuss options.
Other graduation requirements:
- Successful completion of at least 22 credits, including all requirements listed in the handbook
- Successful completion of 2 AP courses or 200+ level college courses, or a combination
- Successful acceptance to a 4-year college or university
We are WAIVING the following requirements this year:
- Community Service hours
- Job Shadow/Senior Project/Senior Presentation
If you are in need of credit recovery to meet your graduation requirements, Ms. Person will be reaching out to you to set up a path to graduation to ensure all your credits are met.
Information related to important Senior events like Honors Night and Graduation are yet to be determined. However, you have worked so hard and we very much want to celebrate you in some fashion, Seniors! We are brainstorming ideas and would love to hear your ideas as well. Please reach out to Ms. Person with your ideas!
For individual assistance with Class of 2020 graduation requirements, please contact:
Dominique Person, College Counselor: email@example.com
Eboni Gill, Registrar:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need assistance with technology or have general questions, please call the main office (313-668-2100), leave a detailed message and someone will get in touch with you. You can also email our office staff: Diane Welmers, Secretary (email@example.com) or Eboni Gill, Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).